Saturday, February 23, 2013

King of Pop jobbing to hunger * Jul 27, 2009


King of Pop jobbing to hunger!

Current mood:gallant
....................
Jobs, King of Pop and Hunger

Cloudy hunting....

As most of the people I talk to know after a long search I finally got a job.  It isn’t the most prestigious position to hold but it gets me enough money to where I am not complaining at the moment.  With minimal wage rising as fast and crazy as it is maybe the restaurant just wanted to beat it so I wouldn’t complain next year.  It’s a graveyard shift where I work 5 hours a night cleaning everything up.  Being hired around June 12th was kind of perfect timing because I just earned enough by July to payoff that month’s rent.  It’s going to take a few paychecks until I am able to break even and I can’t wait until that happens.  It’s disappointing how I did though in my job hunt and it’s not because of the job I landed but how long it took me to get that job.  There must have been 30 jobs I applied spending almost 4-6 hours traveling around St. Cloud.  Out of all those I only got called back for a total two interviews.  There were a few on the spots interviews but that seems to be what the company automatically does and wasn’t holding much potential for anything else.  Just because I ended up with a job that will have me just merely passing does not mean I am done looking.  I would like to imagine I can put myself to auction until I have the most amazing job.  Networking is usually how I got my jobs before last summer.  Last summer I was amazingly lucky to get the two easy jobs that I did and sometime I’d like to get those back.  Currently my biggest concern is how this job will fare with school but at the moment I don’t have much of a choice with how I don’t think I can find a job with better pay.

Noooohooo....

Here I can show you in a video of how I feel about this but I quickly want to go over how I found about this catastrophe.  It started as one of my more enjoyable days of the summer.  I woke up in the afternoon by a phone call to be invited to toss water balloons with Tara, Amanda and her boyfriend.  The actual fight was kind of awkward because those darn balloons were tougher than I remember them being.  Attempting to make it the balloons explode on impact I threw them as fast as possible at Tara or Amanda and because of the strength of these balloons they bruised the poor girls.  It was okay they are some of the toughest gals I know. While Tara was showering for me :P, I find out Amanda and I both like this cartoon reality show called Total Drama (whatever series it is).  Check it out on Cartoon Network sometime.  The show is meant for kids but holds adult humor in it too that I enjoy immensely.  We headed off to the crossroads mall where I begin feeling like my world was dying and it all started in Scheels where we were receiving our tasty fudge samples.  We gather in the foosball jersey section and this reminds Tara of how she “read” an article about the horrible rumors of Favre becoming a Viking is official; don’t worry there is no such article.  This is sign #1 of apocalypse.  As we barely get further down the hallway and barely minutes after the Viking horror.  Tara and Amanda are using their text machines to gather news that I could only believe at first was a joke.  Michael Jackson is dead!  I believe this was a spam text that people like sending around.  If you hit the person you are sending these messages with enough legitimacy and shock they could believe it.  The problem was there weren’t just one message saying there were many and a friend; Chelsea that works at Hot Topic confirmed this.  What a shock!  This man who is reason for my cartoons being interrupted for this guy’s trial, creating his own hype of being a dance legend and THRILLER is just gone.  This was unbelievable because of the status this man had created for himself.  At the same time, it won’t make much of a difference because it seemed nothing new was going to be produced from him.  I remember him doing “Rock my World” in 2001 around my High School years but that’s really it except his hit trials.

Here is my tribute I did for him…



The Feeding Urge....

It’s a good thing I’m going into psychology and have been learning about how the anatomy and brain work together.  At beginning of these classes in college I hated because I wanted to go straight to learning about therapy and what processes are safest to go through for different mental illnesses.  Currently, I have not applied this to my current problem.  It’s a weird problem and one that is only researched in the case of obesity and I wouldn’t consider myself obese but I could definitely be in better shape.  Not being the richest person, I don’t have the greatest amount of food.  At the same time, I am not starving.  There is always food in my cabinet and freezer but I am unsure when to eat them and save things for ‘special occasions’.  I think this may add to my frenzies of when I have a chance to eat more than usual.  It’s like I only eat to fill up so I won’t starve later.  It comes to the point where I don’t know when to stop.  There should be something there to tell me I’m full or I’ve had enough but nothing.  This could be incredibly unhealthy for me especially at a point where I will not have the same metabolism as five years ago.  Just to let you know, this does not apply at buffets when it would help the most giving me the most “bounce” for my buck.  People annoy me at buffets.  Whenever, I go to buffets with most people not all they want to treat it like a regular meal at sit down restaurant. Hell no!  Why would one pay $10 and eat a $5 meal; that’s how these buffets make their money.  Slow down.  One doesn’t have to be constantly eating.  After you eat your food just sit and let it digest so you don’t get sick when you go exercise it off.  This is a very interesting area to keep an eye on because it can go hand to hand with addiction and ones willpower.  That’s my biggest problem when it comes to this is the thought of how my will power could be weakening and when one claims to be the follower of the Green Lantern, how I can I allow my willpower fall.  It won’t happen.  This research could help in a script Amanda and I are trying to write about cannibal parents who have an urge they cannot ignore.

Conclusion....

Thanks for reading.  Comment on your opinion or thought or what you’d like to hear.  View count makes no difference to me if no is going to process what’s I talk about in my blogs.  The blog is one of the reasons why I enjoy myspace more than facebook and I would like accept as the truth that I have talent in writing if I want to push being a scriptwriter.  Also, I owe one more blog this month for skipping June.

Futuristic topics....

-ECHO Pro: Met a lot of fantastic workers and ODB is da bomb to play with.....

-Obama limiting our military: Where are the talks with North Korea he used for his campaign?....

-Movie: I’ve seen so many fun movies

-Tatoo: Can I afford?
.. ..

Would it help if I mention more of my friends?  I always was scare it would be inappropriate on the web but it adds more detail to what I am explaining.....

[views 100] 

~Comments~
"dis is awesome lol u are so dam smart and gots lots of opinions lol keep it up you should make your own web page filled wit your own blogs it will become famous i bet lol
?jayyyyy"

No comments:

Post a Comment